Review for Cisco-Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router Review

Best Price Cisco-Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router

Feature

• Color: Black
  • Brand: Cisco
  • Model: E4200
  • Dimensions: .78 pounds
  • Transfer rates up to 300 + 450 Mbps speed for a premium home network experience
  • Full 3×3 MIMO antenna array boosts signal strength to provide exceptional coverage and reliability
  • Double your network bandwidth with dual-band N (2.4 and 5 GHz) designed to avoid interference and maximize throughput
  • Keep Wi-Fi freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall
  • Quick to install and easy to manage

Very Un-Satisfactory Performance

This router does not keep even a single promise it makes. The Technical Support provides no guidance at all. The router does not configure and one needs a PhD in Networking to do anything with it. Port forwarding, Firewall Set up, IP Address assignment nothing works. The Technical Support passes the buck onto others and finally they blame it on the Internet Service Provider !!! A total waste of time, energy and money. Absolutely the worst product from Linksys. -Review from NB9

Great Router

This is the best router I have had so far. It has all the settings I need in a router and was VERY easy to set up.

Range is EXCELLENT! The wireless is very stable and have had no dropped packets in the 3 months I have had the router. It also reaches places in my home where signal never reached before. There are only a couple minor items that I am still unhappy with in the router.

FTP Server. I set up an FTP server for myself, however, when I associated the router using dyndns, no where in the manual did it tell me that in order to access the ftp server, I needed to have the web address typed out as ftp://www.dk________ . I called the help desk to work the problem and they didn’t even know this. After an hour on the phone with the Indian Linksys support person, he told me I needed to return and replace the router as it was not functioning correctly. I only discovered the problem when a friend told me to try the ftp:// and it worked. The manual needs to be updated to reflect how to connect to the ftp site on the router! Also, I wish I could enable a secure FTP site too so my data transfers would be encrypted.

Another item I wish it had was a USB 3.0 port instead of a 2.0 port.

Other than these little minor items, this is a WONDERFUL router and would highly recommed it. -Review from hideeho100

Best Review for Cisco-Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router Review